I hope everyone had an enjoyable holiday season and happy New Year!
Oh and my New Year's resolution is to gain an inch so that I can fit into 30 waist jeans. I think I can do it.
Four months isn't a long time, right? Maybe it is but there's nothing I can do about my inactivity. Hopefully I can motivate myself to blog more because I've noticed that my writing has suffered from not consistantly writing.
Here's a run down of things that have happened since I finished my testing back in May, which, mind you, seems like it was forever ago. So much has happened!
- I graduated high school (duh). The procession wasn't that sad or anything like that. Speeches were alright. My only complaint: the fact that it was obnoxiously hot and that I had to sit for all 500 kids to get their named called while in an incubator (aka my polyester gown). Aside from that, the day was fine and I got tons of money.
- I got my computer. I finally have my beautiful Macbook Pro Retina 15". The display is amazing, but what I love even more than that is the speed of this computer. The 2.6gHz processor combined with the SSD and 8GB of RAM makes my computer at least five times faster than my iMac at home.
- I worked all summer as a lifeguard with basically all my friends. I honestly couldn't have asked for a better job. I worked for roughly 3.5 hours a day but got paid for 8. Now, some days I had awful shifts that made me want to stab my eyes out but those were few and far between. I can't wait for next summer.
- I went to Montreal with my friends! This was a final hoorah with some of my really close friends. My four friends and I spent three days up in the city just having a lot of fun before everyone left for college. It was the first time I left the country (sad, I know) so I was extra excited. Here's a nice picture I took while there.
- And well I moved to Rochester for college. The drive wasn't as bad as I thought; it was about three and a half hours. It sucked when I first got there, though, because I had an awful headache. Thankfully it was just a caffeine headache and it quickly went away with a cup of coffee. We're already on Week 4, which is crazy. Since RIT goes by quarters that means I'm already half-way done with this quarter.
In a nutshell things have been awesome since I finished all my work back in May. I miss my friends so much back home, but I've definitely met some cool people here. Hopefully you can read something other than my bi-yearly life updates on here. With that I'll leave you with a fireworks picture.